Sunday, August 8, 2010

Completed replacing all of my clearance lights








I was really surprised that most of my clearance lights failed to work, and I decide to then inspect them and it seems to me afterward, they were very poorly made, the bulb holders were deformed and I couldn't ever get the bulbs out without breaking them, when I tried to remove the lens the back plates also cracked. I decided to replace them all. Today I was able to replace all of them on the passenger side. I did however discover that one of them didn't even have a power wire, so I had to run a jumper power wire for the one behind it, but at least I was able to get them all to work correctly.
After I completed the sides I guess I will continue the upgrade the nine on the top front and rear, and I hope I don't find anymore wiring issues.

Also another reason to do this upgrade is the insurance that they were all wired correctly and all worked, and then I will only have to stock a single bulb






Next week I will start the top lights, so 9 more to go, the PO used a lot of silicone around these lights so I will have to make a determination at the time they are replaced it they were leaking into the inside.

Today Sunday Jan 22,2012 I was able to complete the rear light and per the feed back of outer I went ahead and did what the PO did and silicone them to prevent leakage, I use a white the dried clear. there were a bit more difficult due to the shortness of the existing wires so I dad to add wire to each end to provide the required wire to install these new light. photo below:





 Next week pending weather I will finish them by replacing the 5 amber in the front

Today Sunday Jan. 29, 2012, I completed the replacement of all of the clearance light replacing the top front, and they were the worst , had a horrible time getting them removed and then the new ones installed because of the silicone and the shortness of the wires, as before I did seal them to prevent leaks with silicone white that drys clear. I have attached those final photos below:













No comments:

Post a Comment