Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Removed and re-framed the floor

The floor in our new [new to us] 83 Fleetwood Pace Arrow seems spongy in a couple areas so before I laid new carpet and sheet flooring I wanted to inspect and repair the floor, so we would not develop any further problems down the road.

Again I was really surprised about the really poor workmanship that I discovered once I pulled the carpet off. I noticed as I mentioned before that it looked if the floor was cut open and relaid using the same plywood, and after removal of the floor I saw they installed two wood cross members and it was not done very well, the connections were weak and barely holding,  I wished I was a welder  so I could add new metal cross-members, but I am not so I have also use wood. I plan to re-frame the opening before reinstalling a new 1/2" plywood floor that I plan to seal with paint beforehand.





I will add more photos as the process moves forward.


Completed the floor re-framing, I am not completely happy with the outcome but it has to be better than it was. Next week end I will cut and try to get the new floor wood installed
























Well yesterday I cut out the new floor board and sealed it and got it installed today, afterword I used metal duct tape and sealed the seams to insure that everything was solid.

4 comments:

  1. This is just the sub flooring, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I am looking for the main front tiles mine is fiser
    if you have an address to be able to buy I am in France but it happens we can not find
    thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just acquired camping car pace arrow
    from 1983 there is a lot of work to make my main careau of front is crack and as in France we do not find any piece of it kind i madresse to you so know possible to find if you could medait
    my mailbox: hippolytemourri80@gmail.com
    I thank you in advance
    cordially

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is from 10 years ago, I have a 1983 Pace Arrow I just bought in the first week of Aug. I was told everything worked. But the heater and the food service , the refrigerator are not working. I know the refrigerator size is regulated but how or where do I get it replaced? Why do they cost over $1,000 to replace them? Gosh so many people living in motorhomes today. I need to know the total inches around all the windows to reseal them.
    Well happy motoring everyone.

    ReplyDelete