Monday, August 9, 2010

Back from our mechanic

Today we got our 83 Pace Arrow back from our mechanic after 2 full weeks and a tad under $700.00.

We had a complete tune up and had a hose from our transmission cooler repaired, a resistor for our heater/air conditioner replaced, as well as a few other minor things corrected, and all of the hoses and belts inspected as well as adjusted properly. Was told we needed brakes, but according to their inspection we are good. When I got her home I pulled the special K&N air filter and began the cleaning process, and will complete it tomorrow I need to spray the oil back on and then reinstall it. Nice to know it will not ever need to be replaced, but the tune up kit to keep it running correctly is almost as much as a good disposable filter so I guess it is a wash.

After reading about how the right side of the engine tends to over heat due to having the air flow restricted, I decided to buy spark plug wire heat shields, so I will get them installed tomorrow also. I figured better safe than sorry, I hear that they sometime can melt and even catch fire because it gets so hot on that side.

No comments:

Post a Comment