Monday, August 9, 2010

Replacing the gas fill suround

When I bought the motor-home the gas filler surround was broken and had some repairs made on it, but there were still large cracked and I did not want to risk the gas filler tube developing a problem after we started getting some use from this motor-home. I was lucky enough to locate a company who re-manufactured these gas filler surrounds from fiberglass, the stock one as merely thin plastic. I don't know why I was surprised how cheaply the old one was, and I did discovered many problems with the new one that was molded from fiberglass, the stock one was thin and flexible the fiberglass one was not, so even after the fact of taking the care to make sure everything thing lined up to fit properly, it did not matter much because I still has to grade and shave it so it would lay flat aganist the side of the motor-home.
I finally got it installed, it would not go one squarely, due to the tension of the filler tube and the surround being as rigid as it was, but none the less, I settle to the position I was able to get.
While the gas door was off I went ahead and repainted it. I used window putty tape to install the door to the new filler surround and then screw it back on, of course I had to re-drill many of the screw hole due to the fact the new filler surround was larger that the old stock one.
There was the same gaps between the door and the side of the motor-home, so I filled this gap in with plumber's putty and then painted it to match it up.








1 comment:

  1. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. acquisto camper usato da privato documenti

    ReplyDelete